American First Italian Always
The below links are helpful information for everyone.
NIAF Gift of Discovery Programs -- which are grants for Italian American college students. Details for applications and programs at www.niaf.org
Also NIAF's website has Fact Book of Italian Americans in U.S. History and Culture, matching grants to start and support Italian Language programs at public and private schools, Festa Report, which list the information on the date, cities and states of where there are Italian Festa, and Mentor programs for Italian American Students.
Reduced prescription prices through Canada
Contact and register: www.pharmacyontheline.com
or write: ADV Pharmacy
70 Esma Park Dr.
Unite 11 Marleham
Ontario, Canada LSR639
A new drug discount card by seven pharmaceutical companies including Johnson & Johnson, Squibb, Glaxo, Bristol Myers, etc. For details or an application call 1-800-865-7211 or visit their website at www.togetherx.com
FTRI Equipment Distribution Program - FTRI has contracts with nonprofit organizations throughout the state to be Regional Distribution Center or Training Agencies to meet the needs of hearing and speech impaired resident. For information, call FTRI at 1-800-222-3448 (voice) or 1-888-447-5620 (TTY) or visit their website at www.ftri.org
Florida Relay - They provide a communication link between people who use standard telephone equipment and people who use Text Telephones (TTY) or other telecommunication devices. Florida Relay provides 24-hour access, 365 days a year. The Relay operator will relay your call with no restrictions on the number of calls or their length. To call Florida Relay, it's as simple as dialing 711. Or, if you prefer, you can still use the toll free numbers: 1-800-955-8772 (TTY/VCO) or 1-800-955-8770 (V). To contact Relay Customer Service, dial 1-800-676-3777 (TTY/V/ASCII).
Right to Mediate
1. Disputed insurance claim at no cost to insured, contact the Florida Dept. of Insurance Consumer Helpline at 1-800-342-2762.
2.Increases in Mobile home rental-maintenance fees. Parties share mediation fee. Florida Dept. of Business Regulation Division of Mobile Home at 1-800-488-0970.
VA Health Plan Program - All who have served in the U.S. Military can contact 1-800-827-1000 or visit their website at: www.va.gov/vbs/health/index.htm
WWII Treatment of Italian Americans - Justice Dept. has 243 page report on the Treatment of Italian Americans during WWII. For a free copy ask for A Review of the Restrictions on Persons of Italian Ancestry - During World War II. Call 1-202-514-4224 or visit their website at: www.house.gov/judiciary/news112701.htm
Medicare information -
Shine (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) - 1-800-963-5337
Medicare - 1-800-MEDICARE - Press 0 for customer representative
Medicare's website: www.medicare.gov
Florida Medicare Helpline - 1-800-844-0795
Ellis Island - www.ellisisland.org
Wall of Honor - www.wallofhonor.com
Alzheimerís Association national website is www.alz.org. Southeast FL Chapter for West Palm Beach & Broward is www.alzsefc.org and helpline # is (800) 861-7826 . North FL Chapter is www.alzorlando.org and helpline # for Orlando is (407) 228-4650, for Gainesville (800) 464-6266, for Jacksonville (800) 593-5065, for Volusia/Flager (888) 282-3544, for Brevard/Indian River (800) 467-1103. Miami Chapter is www.alzmiami.org and helpline # (305) 891-6228. FL Gulf Coast Chapter is www.alz-tbc.org and helpline #(800) 772-8672. Donít throw away your cell phone. With the help of Old Wireless for New Hope, you can now make a tax-deductible donation by giving your old cell phone to the Alzheimerís Association. Their website for more information is www.oldwirelessfornewhope.com.
National Association of Home Careís website is www.nahc.org.
American Cancer Society's website: www.cancer.org
Consulate General of Italy's website is www.italconsmiami.com
Italian American Club Sites:
1. www.iacgc.org is the website of the IAC of Clearwater.
2. www.iascpc.com is the website of the IA Social Club at Palm Coast.
3. www.iascorlando.org is the website of the IA Social Club of Central FL.
4. www.italianamericanclubofvenice.com is the website of the IAC of Venice.
5. www.trinacria.org is the website of La Trinacia Sicilian-American Club
6. www.ffiac.com/iawc is the website of the IA Women's Club of Broward County.
7. www.italian-club.org is the website of The Italian Club of Tampa.
8. www.ffiac.com/warvets.htm is the webpage of the IA War Vets FL.
9. www.ffiac.com/browardcouncil is the webpage of Broward Council of Italian American Clubs. The site list the yearly events of IAC in Broward County, such as IA Civic League of Ft. Lauderdale, Broward IA Civic League of Hollwyood, IAC of Coconut Creek, IA Women's Club, AIC of Hollywood Estate.
10. www.italianculturalcenter.org is the website Italian Cultural Center, Inc., which promotes Italian Culture in South Florida.
11. http://www.ffiac.com/hollywoodestates.htm is the website of American of Italian Club of Hollywood Estates.
12. www.ffiac.com/iacofsouthbrevard.htm is the website of the Italian American Club of South Brevard.
13. www.iacofjacksonville.com is the website of the Italian American Club of Jacksonville.
14. www.ffiac.com/ftlauderdalecivic.htm is the website of the Italian American Civic League of Ft. Lauderdale.
15. www.iacavb.com is the website of the Vero Beach Italian American Civic Association.
16. www.liado.net is the website of The Italian-American Women of Today in Clearwater.
Copyright © 2001-2017
Florida Federation of Italian American Clubs, Inc.